Friday, February 29, 2008

Dig this!

I love the quote:

"Don't dig your grave with your knife and your fork" It's something that you understand the minute you read it. We are all digging, but what are we digging? If we can change our behavior and change our eating habits perhaps we can dig down deep and unearth some hidden treasure in ourselves that we never knew exsisted. I would like to think that there is some hidden parts of myself that I haven't yet navigated to. Places of creativity, or places of wonder.

It's all about choices, all about believing that there is something better still to come, that makes the sacrifices worth it.

I want to stay on the planet a good while longer to be with my children and my grandchildren. I want to watch them grow, and be a participant in their lives, not an observer. I want to think that somehow I have more to contribute before I go, but what that is, I just don't know.

But for now, I keep on, toward the goal of being present in this life, making good choices, and remaining aware.

I'm digging down deep and hoping to unearth something new, how about you?

No comments: